Well this year certainly got a bit ducked up!
This is a continuously edited post, updated as we get more info.
Training is back, and games were going to be back soon until the recent reversion to previous restrictions. Don’t worry, if anything changes, we’ll let you know!
The fifth session: This Sunday (July 5) at 2:00pm at the Ducks’ home diamond (end of Farm Road, Cheltenham).
Training will be every Sunday at 2pm from here on out.
There is going to be quite a bit of change to normal pre-season training, so pay attention!
Anyone wanting to attend training must register via Baseball Victoria prior to attending. If you’re not registered, you will be asked to leave. You don’t need to register for each individual session.
Registration is free. You can register to train with the Ducks by clicking here and logging in or signing up. This will cover you with the official insurance you need.
Some notes about training
Baseball Victoria has posted a lot of great info about this, here’s a summary from their info:
- All clubs must adhere to the maximum of 20 athletes and two coaching staff per training group.
- There can be two groups on the field, one in the diamond and one in the outfield with approximately 20 metres in between them.
- Each group may have 20 players with two coaching staff; however, the groups may not swap over at any time and need to remain in their section for the entire training session.
- Groundskeepers, parents and other club members may not be on the field during training, otherwise they will count toward the maximum number of people.
- All athletes and coaches must use hand sanitiser before, during and after training.
- Hand sanitiser must be reapplied every 20 minutes during training.
- Clubs will only have access to the field and toilets. Parents will be able to attend training with children in limited numbers while maintaining social distancing.
- All training will be conducted so that there is no personal contact and appropriate space between participants.
You can find a longer set of FAQs on Baseball Victoria’s website, by clicking here.
Once we have some information around when we can start training, we’ll promote a pre-season training calendar.
Some notes about the 2020 Winter Season
Dates: At this stage we are hopeful of getting in a shorter season, starting possibly in mid-July and ending possibly in late September/early October. The details are still being worked out by the Dandenong Baseball Association and obviously depend on the situation.
Fees: the details around Baseball Victoria and Baseball Australia fees are still being worked out. As always, we try to keep the fees to a minimum.
For the new Duckers
There’s plenty of equipment to share, and if we get short it won’t be an issue for us to buy more. As long as there are people wanting to play we’ll make it happen!
If a season starts, we’ve got plenty of caps but will require them to be paid for ($30 each) due to the issues with shared apparel.
We are improving our inventory of uniforms, which will have to be assigned to a player for the season, rather than being shared. Uniforms are not a necessity for our level of baseball, however you will need to be wearing something in club colours, according to league rules.
We have a limited amount of merchandise remaining!
This includes Beanies, Caps, Hoodies (very limited) and Tees (tees are only available in very small sizes).
Send us a Facebook message, Instagram message or contact form if you want one. Bank Transfers only!
We also just launched our Nike merch through Ultra Football, more info here.
Reckon that’s about it for now
Stay safe you scrumptious scones. If you need more info just ask!